Software Development Engineer in Test (Kate Lang)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We are searching for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who can help ensure we're able to continue to grow our capabilities without negatively impacting our enthusiastic user base.
In this role you will collaborate very closely with other QA and Devs on the team to ensure high-quality for our web and mobile applications and content delivery platforms. You will be responsible for contributing to the automation and overall quality of critical applications used by our game developing partners, as well as actively engaging with the team in identifying defects of new features and helping to identify their root cause while bringing them to resolution. The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation in automation development, software testing principles, strong experience testing enterprise web applications with complex business rules, and passionate about delivering high-quality software applications.
This position is based out of Madison, WI.
- Set up test frameworks, and help teams set up automation infrastructure
- Develop and implement standard methodologies for automation, continuous build and deploy, automated testing, multi-functional end-to-end testing, including device testing, and performance testing
- Work with globally distributed teams to engage early and provide continuous delivery of high quality software products that delight Sony customers
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Product Managers to understand feature requirements, identify testing requirements and estimates, and develop new features in QA testing architecture
- Audit and maintain various Jenkins Jobs and report statuses
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve the QA process
- Expand testing and automation across teams to promote ownership of quality
- Assist with production deployment support and post release
- Report and verify defects
This Role Will Require Knowledge Of
Testing – studied and practiced a variety of test techniques and methodologies, and are familiar with prominent voices in the online testing community
Test automation – passion for robust, maintainable code and knowledge of test automation to a level where the pros and cons of various automation approaches can be discussed.
Agile software development – understand the common methodologies and can articulate how a strong tester can best support their team in that context
- 2+ years of experience working as a SDET
- Extensive experience in testing front-end or full-stack web applications
- Average knowledge of Git
- Good understanding of modern software engineering including web technologies, continuous integration, and automation development
- Curious about learning new software testing methodology and technologies
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ambitious with an ability to take initiative
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Experience leading a team
- End-to-end testing experience
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23