Software Development Engineer in Test (FT)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test)
San Francisco, CA
- Create, maintain, and execute test plan, test cases to ensure the quality of new features
- Passionate about Quality and strive to improve processes, generate new standards, and drive their usage within the teams.
- Partner with dev team to ensure test coverage and build test plans that help deliver high quality features
- Develop and implement standard methodologies for in-house automation, automated testing, multi-functional end-to-end testing, including device testing, and performance testing.
- Author common API’s and libraries for test automation
- Work with the infrastructure team to create and maintain common services such as CI pipelines
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- 3+ years of experience in developing and executing test plans and test cases
- 3+ years or equivalent experience in advanced UI automation for web/mobile applications
- Shown experience writing automated tests in Python, Java Script or any other Programming Language
- Practical experience using development and deployment tools: Git, Jenkins, Docker
- Experience with Selenium or Appium
- Experience with at least one modern web application framework, preferably React
- Significant experience with both Node.js and Python
- Experience developing or testing a non-PC device (phone/game console/set-top box, etc.) and writing test code for a game console
- Knowledge and experience testing APIs and Service Oriented architecture
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work quickly, productively, and independently in a fast-paced environment and as part of a team with minimum direction with strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for robust code
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Francisco, CADate posted: 2021-12-11