Software Development Engineer in Test (Contract)
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
SDET Contractor (12+ Months)
This position can be located in one of the following:
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Diego, CA
- San Francisco, CA
Do you have a passion for testing? Do you relish in crafting engineering solutions for automation and telemetry? Do you consider test automation an instrumental part of the development process?
PlayStation is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to test systems which enable our business to craft incredible experiences on PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5. Ready for a rare opportunity to join a high-performance QA team, delivering high quality software, for one of the world's most recognizable brands? If you are passionate about quality, problem solving, and collaborating with teams across the globe, we believe you will be a phenomenal fit!
What You'll Do
- Build, maintain and improve test frameworks, and help teams set up automation infrastructure
- Develop and implement standard methodologies for automation, continuous build and deploy, automated testing, multi-functional end-to-end testing, including device testing, and performance testing
- Work with globally distributed teams to engage early and provide continuous delivery of high quality software products that delight Sony customers
- Own feature, application or library quality, define and automate test cases and evaluation criteria for testability and quality, report and verify defects
- Report, track and verify defects as well as monitor Automation jobs.
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve the QA process
- Expand testing and automation across teams to promote ownership of quality
- Assist with production deployment support and post release
This Role Will Require Knowledge Of
- Testing – the study and practice a variety of test techniques and methodologies, and are familiar with prominent voices in the online testing community
- Test automation – an interest in test automation to a level where you can discuss the pros and cons of various automation approaches. To support this, you also have working knowledge of a modern programming language
- Agile software development – understand the common methodologies and can articulate how a strong tester can best support their team in that context
- Mentoring – you love to share knowledge and are good at it. Comfortable training a new team member on the features you are responsible for testing, demonstrating interesting tools and techniques you have found to be effective to your team
- Performance - passionate about application performance and care about application load time, perceived performance and user retention
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- 3+ years of experience in building and carrying out test case execution.
- 3+ years or equivalent experience in automation.
- Practical experience using development and deployment tools:Git, Jenkins, Docker
- Experience with Selenium or Appium
- Knowledge and experience testing RESTful APIs, SDK / Framework
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to estimate effort and size of features
- Experience with agile development methodologies and TDD processes
- Experience using project and test case management tools.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23