Software Development Consultant, Solutions Games
The Unity Accelerate Solutions Games team is a group of highly skilled Software Development and Technical Art Consultants with deep expertise in the Unity platform, whose main goal is to help our customers improve their projects and internal workflows and assist them in the resolution of very challenging technical problems. In order to do this, we provide a series of short-term and long-term consulting and development services which can range in duration from one week to eighteen months and beyond.
We’re looking for mid-level developers who want to share their expertise with our customers and help them achieve their performance targets. Our customer base spans customers from the video games and media and entertainment (M&E) industries. If you're technically skilled, customer-focused, and are not afraid of constantly being pushed out of your comfort zone, this job will suit you.
The team has two tracks: Consulting and Professional Services. The Consulting track involves visiting our customers and, by collaborating directly with their technical leaders, help them optimize their projects and workflows and educate them on best practices. The Professional Services track requires designing and implementing software systems either in or surrounding the Unity Editor and the Unity Engine. Our team is asked to resolve challenging problems which require a level of expertise in the Unity platform that only Unity can help with.
For this role, you’ll be joining the Professional Services track. As your skills continue to grow and you become more comfortable in your Unity and RT3D skills, you can choose to onboard for the Consulting track. You’ll also be able to alternate between tracks in order to get exposure to a wider variety of challenges.
In the longer term, you'll become an established technical expert within Unity. You can pursue opportunities including personal research, speaking at conferences, delivering training to customers and colleagues, and guiding Unity's direction by providing feedback and advice to our R&D teams.
This role may involve periodic travel to customer and other Unity offices, primarily within Europe and usually during week days. You will be asked to travel either very occasionally or up to 30% of the time depending on your interests and responsibilities
We're committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
What you'll be doing
- Work on a wide variety of projects for external customers including, but not limited to, challenging platform ports, engine migration, performance optimization, and the creation of custom solutions and tools
- Build close relationships with Unity's internal development teams and provide customer feedback and use cases to them
- Efficiently solve problems, communicate, and educate our clients, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Help the Engineering Manager with the scoping of incoming opportunities
What we're looking for
- Capable of developing and debugging code written in a large multithreaded C# or C++ codebase, using a multi-platform engine (e.g. Unity, Unreal, in-house)
- Knowledgeable on how to profile, analyze, and improve performance, from low-level limitations to high-level architectural decisions.
- Experience in shipping games or other real-time interactive applications, including a solid understanding of software development lifecycles
- Fluent in written and spoken English, and able to guide customers by clearly communicating ideas and technical knowledge.
- Comfortable when it comes to diving into areas outside of their expertise in order to help our customers
You might also have
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks and writing technical articles/documentation
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Berlin, GermanyDate posted: 2022-01-20