Software Developer in Test Intern
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Developer in Test Intern
Are you interested in designing and implementing a scalable, flexible architecture on PlayStation®?
We are currently hiring Software Developer in Test Interns who are passionate about software quality for our engineering teams in Waterloo, Ontario. Our software engineers in test are responsible for writing test cases, automating test cases, execution manual tests and maintaining our automated test infrastructure. Our interns work alongside our full-time Software Engineers and QA Engineers on real products and services that millions of customers use every day.
- Designing, developing, maintaining and executing test cases with maximum requirement coverage
- Performing functional, integration and regression testing using manual and automated approaches
- Collaborating with QA, Developers and Project managers to understand feature requirements and identify acceptance criteria, and to identify and resolve issues
- Working with the teams responsible for the PlayStation®4 Console Store as well as teams working on applications and tooling for our PlayStation®5 console
- Programming experience in popular test scripting languages.
- A good understanding of object-oriented principles.
- Good understanding of software development life cycle and testing methodologies
- Experience with test automation
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 features and modern browser architecture
- Experience testing single-page web applications
- Experience working and testing REST API's
- Experience with automation testing
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies and strong understanding of engineering best practices
- Excellent communication skills, and hopefully a good sense of humor!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: Waterloo, OntarioDate posted: 2021-12-16