Social Media Coordinator
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Social Media Coordinator
Coordinate All Social Media Content Planning, Writing, Posting, and Responding.
We are looking for a hard-working social media expert with a growth mindset to own and organize the social media content for San Diego Studio’s most successful video game franchise: MLB The Show. Your role is to work with our team, as a servant leader, to execute on our social media plans and implement our core strategies.
If you like testing multiple hypothesizes and analyzing results to improve tactics and workflow in a high-communication, high-accountability team structure, we want to talk to you. As a Social Media Coordinator, you will help develop original content and develop creative ways to engage and educate our audience. Ultimately you will be empowering our team to achieve more in the social space in continually new and innovative ways.
Skills & Qualifications
- One or more years of experience creating social media content (examples welcome)
- Deep love for teamwork and collaboration
- Exceptional at communication, building relationships, and radiating information
- Bringing people together and solving problems with sign-off and permissions from outside teams, and stakeholders
- Organized and self-motivated
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to independently read books and take classes to improve knowledge
- Reading and understanding social media reports
- Affinity for baseball (preferred)
- Implement social strategies to grow & engage audiences
- Design posts to sustain community curiosity and create buzz around new in-game content
- Write engaging copy and scripts for social content
- Write copy for blog posts around each live content deployment
- Schedule daily posts on each specific platform
- Tag, comment, and engage with relevant teams & players on relevant platforms
- Maintain voice of the brand on all social content
- Moderate & respond to questions in the comments
- Learn new trends & test new tactics to improve our outcomes
- Identify new platforms & opportunities for social growth
- Present ideas to Leaders to innovate on social strategy
- Work directly with the Social Media Strategist to ensure alignment on priorities
- Coordinate with Development Team members to answer questions and align social content
- Setup & maintenance of Facebook content campaigns
- Setup & maintenance of YouTube content campaigns
- Communicate image and video asset needs to Creative Team
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends in Social Media
- Stay up to date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Diego, CADate posted: 2021-12-11