Social Marketing & Community Coordinator
The Social Marketing & Community Coordinator will focus on coordinating with the Brand Marketing and Public Relations teams to create content calendars, develop community initiatives, and participate in the evolution of our social media strategy and execution.
This role will focus predominately on titles originating from BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment’s product roster including but not limited to such titles as Scarlet Nexus, Katamari, One Piece, Naruto, PAC-MAN, etc. Knowledge and experience with these (and similar) properties and their online or local communities is highly valued.
A primary goal of this role is to continue to grow the communities around our games and explore new ways of raising brand awareness and loyalty. This position requires close collaboration with the Production, Marketing, Public Relations, and Customer Support teams to ensure success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and execute social media campaigns for a variety of game and DLC launches.
- Help define and maintain the social media strategy including methods for engagement, moderation policies, content building, and outreach initiatives.
- Establish and maintain a content calendar that consists of daily, weekly and /or monthly asset ideas.
- Participate in and help develop community-facing initiatives and events including contests, offline events, convention presence, etc.
- Monitor discussion forums and other social platforms to identify common player issues and sentiment. Respond to community promptly, professionally and accurately.
- Prepare and filter feedback reports gathered through different channels including recommendations for games experience and content improvements.
- Track and report on social media key performance indicators (KPIs) as well as set future goals.
- Advocate internally on behalf of the players ensuring that the production team is informed of player issues and concerns as they arise.
No supervisory responsibilities.
- 1-2 yrs. of social media or online community management experience
- Working knowledge of social media platforms, tools, and best-practices
- Extensive knowledge of anime, Japan culture, and the video game industry a plus
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, excellent organizational skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to organize campaigns, analyze metrics, realize business goals, and present results
- Ability to speak in front of the camera; be a dynamic on-camera presenter or host
- Ability to maintain a calm and professional demeanor during difficult situations
- Technical knowledge of online community platforms, systems and software
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO…
- Have experience working with Sprinklr
- Previous experience building and moderating online communities
- Have an interest in gaming influencers
- Are familiar with various social campaigns in the video game space and can leverage social trends into practical strategies.
- Have a familiarity with content production, video editing and streaming software and platforms.
- Are already involved in various online or local gaming communities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Flexible, Remote and Work From Home options are available for this position until approximately April 2022. Afterwards we expect all employee's to join us at our new offices in Irvine, California where a hybrid work schedule will be observed.
About BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.
BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., part of BANDAI NAMCO Holdings Inc., is a leading global publisher and developer of interactive content — including all major video game consoles, iOS, mobile and online. The company is known for creating and publishing many of the industry’s top video game franchises, including PAC-MAN®, Tekken®, SOULCALIBUR®, NARUTO™, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN™, Dragon Ball®, GALAGA®, RIDGE RACER® and ACE COMBAT®. More information about the company and its products can be found at www.bandainamcoent.com.
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc. is providing the following notice regarding the Personal Information we collect and use in the context of this job application: https://www.bandainamcoent.com/legal/bnea-privacy-ccpanotice
Location: Santa Clara, CADate posted: 2021-12-16