Senior VFX Artist
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior VFX Artist
Sony PlayStation Studios Visual Arts (PSSVA) on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to PlayStation Studios such as Insomniac Games, Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studio, Bend Studio, Guerilla Games, Sucker Punch Productions and more! Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry’s best minds and companies.
We are looking for a Senior FX Artist to come aboard and help us build the highest quality game FX possible. Become a part of the Visual Arts Group, and work with a multi-award winning team responsible for the cinematic performances in outstanding Sony PlayStation franchises like Uncharted, The Last of Us, Killzone, and other iconic series.
- Content creation of visual FX across all areas of the game ranging from in-game assets to Cinematics on the PlayStation 5 platform.
- You will work with our VFX Supervisor to ensure a consistent style and quality level across all the various types of game FX assets.
- You will partner with our render engineers to develop new, or improve upon existing technologies for pushing the bar of game FX, both visually and technically.
- Document, communicate requirements, and provide feedback to internal artists and outsourcing partners.
- Actively develop and improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
- 4+ years’ experience as a professional FX artist in AAA games.
- At least 1 shipped AAA title as an FX artist.
- Bachelor of art degree or equivalent industry experience and training
- Portfolio of realistic, high quality real-time FX work.
- Proficiency of standard art packages such as Maya and Photoshop.
- Good understanding of shader techniques as applied to visual effects.
- Working knowledge of dynamics and simulations packages.
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D work into engine.
- Python scripting experience.
- C++ programming experience.
- Premiere/After Effects experience.
- Side-FX Houdini experience.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role may be eligible for bonus and SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
For more information about our benefits, please visit our Careers site.
Location: United States, RemoteDate posted: 2023-01-02