Senior UI Programmer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior User Interface Programmer
San Diego Studio
PlayStation’s San Diego Studio is seeking a Sr Programmer to join the team behind the critically acclaimed “MLB - The Show” game series.
In this role you will work on the UI systems that help enhance the game play experience. Systems worked on may include the coding backend for UI screens, content generation tools, platform-specific interfaces, and many more. You will work closely with the designers, artists, and producers to identify problems, provide solutions, and improve the quality of the UI.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy.
- Designing and implementing higher-level systems and pipelines on top of lower-level code.
- Helping maintain and improve existing UI systems.
- Identifying and consolidating similar code into universal, easy-to-use interfaces.
- Writing clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
- Follow coding standards and best practices.
- Profiling and performance tuning of code and systems to remove bottlenecks.
- As needed, work on tools and technology to support specific project requirements, as well as designer and artist needs.
- Testing and debugging of your code and that of others past and present.
- Minimum of 7 years game industry programming experience.
- Expertise in C++ and console game development.
- Experience with C# and/or Graphics programming a plus.
- Developed and shipped several games on consoles.
- Self-motivated with good communication skills.
- Able and motivated to work with other team members.
- Commitment to code quality, and sound testing procedures.
- Experience with multi-threaded systems a plus.
- Experience with user interface tools / techniques a plus.
- B.S. degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23