Senior Tools Engineer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Tools Engineer
As part of PlayStation Studios, the Quality Engineering group act as the strategic partner to AAA studios and specialise in generating productivity improvements across the software development life cycle with innovative, customers centric services, tools, and processes.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, create and maintain tools and solutions that increase QA productivity
- Work with the Product Owner/s to ensure we are clear on customer requirements
- Demo in-progress development efforts to stakeholders, and iterate based on feedback
- Ensure data posted from our tools can enable accurate reporting of availability and utilisation
Secondary duties and responsibilities:
- Shadow QA teams and assist with analysis of process / technical bottlenecks and mitigations
- Represent global tool suite status - progress, risks, mitigations to stakeholders
- Test Services
- Developers & Producer/s
- Engineering and Certification Services
- IT Support Group (PDIT)
What we are looking for:
- 8+ years’ experience with C#, Java
- SQL or similar DB creation and maintenance experience
- Good understanding of computers, Windows, networks, etc.
- Critical thinker and problem solver that knows when to ask for help
- Highly motivated, autonomous, and proactive
- Strong task management
- Front and back end web dev experience
- Experience working in agile project environment
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Broad interest in the games industry
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23