Senior Test Lead
At Bungie, we take pride in how Test helps deliver amazing experiences to our players. We accomplish this by fostering a collaborative but critical environment where QA has an equal seat at the table alongside the other development disciplines.
As a Senior Test Lead joining an early-in-development, unannounced, project, you will establish and oversee cohesive Test strategy and coverage. You will be responsible for a large, complex, area and will carefully plan a holistic approach months or years in advance for testing features as they intersect and come together to form a cohesive player experience.
In this role you will collaborate with cross-discipline, senior leadership, peers and Test leadership to help establish Test best practices for the project. You will have a deep impact on the way your project's small teams develop, the way test approaches planning and testing your project, how Test collects and leverages data and automation, and how we transition into a live service game. You will be a key voice in the conversation with your cross-discipline peers on how to mitigate complex project risks and deliver the most value to players, while working in a sustainable, healthy, way throughout all phases of development.
Senior Test Lead roles include management and mentorship of other full-time Testers to ensure proper coverage for the large scope of your area's combined work. Bungie’s Senior Test Leads will need to thoughtfully and carefully delegate feature oversight and ownership as they lead via preemptive planning and strategy.
HIGHLY DESIRED: Mandarin Chinese (business level proficiency) speaking ability. Simplified Chinese (business level proficiency) writing ability.
- Work with the Senior Test Manager to help design, prioritize, and execute the plan for building a Quality Assurance team that meets the needs of the project
- Build Test and staffing strategies that align with the project's business goals and scale effectively as a live service title
- Establish and maintain Quality Assurance standards and practices attuned to the needs of the project (engineered approach, automation, data validation, value-based testing)
- Track and utilize data and KPIs to inform both our short- and long-term Test strategies
- Work with cross-discipline peers to develop team-wide processes that support healthy, sustainable, and transparent development
- Manage and mentor other Full-Time Testers in your areas including regular 1:1s, goal setting, and growth planning
- Equip reports and managers in your organization with the tools and training for supporting healthy and effective teams
- Understand and track organizational health risks in your areas and build strategies for solving them
- Develop training initiatives and mentorships that grow capabilities across the team
- Partner with our engineering team to build tools and automation strategies that make us a more effective Test team
- Proven ability to guide the test efforts of multiple areas across multiple releases from concept to post-launch of a release
- Robust leadership experience in a Test role within the games industry
- Experience identifying and implementing teamwide processes and technology/tools that make development more efficient
- Inclusive, positive communication and collaboration with teammates
- Innate desire to grow yourself and your teams while constantly evolving your approach and processes
- Excitement about gathering and utilizing data to better inform our test and closing strategies
- Excellent and efficient coordination, management, and delegation of test coverage for multiple interconnected areas
- Ability to translate largescale and complex cross-discipline goals into cohesive test plans with a focus on cost effective alternatives and their trade-offs
- Ability to effectively collaborate with external-to-team stakeholders, and to convey complex concepts in a digestible manner (including documentation creation and curation)
- Ability to abstract, apply, and teach test concepts of risk, cost/value trade-offs, prioritization, and value-driven processes
- Experience managing multiple full-time embedded test engineers and test leads
- HIGHLY DESIRED: Mandarin Chinese (business level proficiency) speaking ability. Simplified Chinese (business level proficiency) writing ability.
- Experience working with external partners preferred
- Experience working on a live game ("game as a service") preferred
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23