Senior Technical Writer
The Documentation team at Unity is growing, and we’re looking for an experienced technical writer with passion and drive, technical aptitude, and excellent writing and editing skills.
We’re looking for someone who can quickly form good working relationships with developers and work collaboratively to produce great documentation that simplifies, explains, and empowers users to get the most from Unity products. This includes a mix of writing from scratch, revising draft documents supplied by developers, and overhauling legacy content.
When you join us, you’ll work on the Engineering Services Documentation team. The Engineering Services Documentation team plan, write, and maintain the documentation that supports our in-house development tools, such as continuous integration and device provisioning systems.
You’ll be part of a diverse team of technical writers, content managers, and information architects working across countries and timezones to support Unity’s passionate community of creators!
What you’ll be doing
- Writing documentation describing processes and procedures for our developer-focused, in-house tooling. This includes both user-facing documentation and runbooks to support knowledge sharing within development teams.
- Gathering, editing, and publishing subject-specific knowledge from subject matter experts and developers.
- Supporting development teams to deliver high-quality technical content within a fast-paced software release schedule.
- Helping a globally distributed team improve the documentation user experience for our amazing developers within Unity.
- Championing the role and importance of documentation within Unity and across the writing community.
What we’re looking for
- Impeccable standard of written and spoken English.
- Excellent computing skills.
- Experience working as a technical writer.
- Understanding of source control tools (especially Git and GitHub) and techniques.
- Experience producing documentation using HTML/CSS, Markdown, or XML.
You may also have
- Passion for games, technology, and/or writing.
- Experience using issue trackers such as Jira to track project tasks.
- Experience producing highly technical, developer-focused content.
Some travel may be required between Unity offices around the world and to some major industry events.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Copenhagen, DenmarkDate posted: 2022-01-20