Senior Technical Web Analyst
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As the Sr. Technical Web Analyst you will have a meaningful role within Sony Interactive Entertainment’s Global Marketing team. You will be in a great position to impact critical business goals across the company, help your team deliver best in class interactive experiences on the web that drive consumer engagement, improve conversions, and grow key areas of the business.
You will be leading all aspects of our web analytics implementation on PlayStation.com. Your work will ensure that customer journey, marketing and e-commerce activities on the site are comprehensively and accurately tracked to aid teams in reporting and optimization.
The Sr. Technical Web Analyst will be a highly proficient domain expert, partnering across multiple teams, gathering reporting goals from Business and Marketing verticals, and working with technical partners to ensure analytics requirements are implemented, QA’d and maintained by performing regular data health checks post-release to ensure continuity and confidence in the data. This is a unique opportunity to join a global team and impact and influence our direction, as we invest in evolving the technology foundation on which we build to deliver a best-in-class web experience for PlayStation.
You will bring technical knowledge and experience to the analytics implementation and tag management for our global web platform with a solid understanding for how large websites are technically created and operated. Your passion will be data-based decision making to deliver meaningful benefit to our consumers and strategic success for our company.
What you’ll be doing.
- Requirement gathering for new components and pages.
- Working with multiple Business and Marketing teams as the subject matter expert when gathering web analytics requirements and translating them to technical specs for the various engineering teams.
- Working with cross-functional Engineering groups to help them deliver what is needed by the Business to successfully track and measure results on the site; tracking and follow through with tickets, and validating deliverables.
- Maintaining analytics tracking across the site, preforming regular health checks to validate tagging and implementation, and ensure consistent coverage and accuracy; raising defect/bug tickets with the appropriate Engineering team(s), implementing stop-gaps, and long term solutions.
- For new site releases, completing end-to-end regression checks pre and post release to ensure site tracking remains intact.
- Staying ahead of analytics technology and persuading teams to make improvements, as applicable.
- Working closely with the other Web Analysts on your immediate team, and with Analysts across other teams within the company.
What we’re looking for:
- Experienced with web analytics tools, Adobe Analytics (preferred) or Google Analytics.
- Superb experience with web data visualisation tools, such as Adobe Workspace, Google Data Studio, Datorama and other similar tools.
- Proficient with Adobe Launch or other tag management solutions.
- Strong understanding of data layer designs.
- Proficient with web analytics debugging and QA methodologies to observe analytic events.
- Experience with Excel and data aggregation methods.
- Validated ability to assess for data integrity across reporting and analysis.
- Proven ability to determine cause and effect for changes in site performance and successfully communicate solutions.
- Ability to clearly communicate business requirements for KPI tracking to technical audiences and vice versa.
- Basic understanding of navigating a web browser console to access data and to problem solve.
- Experience of working in an agile framework and across agile team.
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a distributed team.
- Knowledge of the gaming industry (seasonality, major event drivers) is preferred.
- Phenomenal presentation and data story telling skills at all levels.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with many different personalities.
- Experience with R or Python.
- Familiarity with working with advanced FE frameworks like React, Angular JS, Vue, etc. to implement analytics.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23