Senior Technical Program Manager
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Payments Platform team at Sony Interactive Entertainment supports a payment volume of double digit $$billion(s) globally and we are just getting started! We are re-inventing our payments platform to provide a seamless gaming and monetization experience in an industry that is seeing unprecedented growth and innovation. As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will work in a highly collaborative environment with our engineering scrum teams, product management, quality assurance, and operations to drive continuous product delivery that will delight our passionate consumers.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager who has a balance of people, organizational, and technical skills and will be comfortable facilitating large sized programs and processes. We will look to you to enable cross-functional efforts and inspire the team to achieve outstanding results in a fast-paced environment. If you possess excellent project management skills and a solid understanding of modern development tools and methodologies, we would love to meet you!
- Lead initiatives in an agile and highly collaborative environment with multiple engineering scrum teams, product management, quality assurance, and operations to deliver high quality software.
- Demonstrate people and soft skills to generate a positive atmosphere of excitement and collaboration towards delighting customers and pushing the limits of technology.
- Manage delivery schedules and timelines across multiple products and teams, ensuring timelines are met and communication flows to all partners.
- Lead initiatives with teams that may include other Project Managers, Engineering, Design, Product and Operations personnel.
- Find innovative solutions to problems. Simplify and communicate complex problems through clear communication to inspire changes in behavior.
- Be an advocate for continuous process improvement and push the limits of technology.
- Effectively serve as the primary point of contact between product, engineering and design teams and continually drive towards a premium user experience.
- Use technical background to act as a bridge between engineers and decision makers. Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences, including executive leadership.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related field, or relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Program Management in an agile software development environment.
- Knowledge of industry standards for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications.
- Experience managing projects and dependencies across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes, and coordinating release schedules.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to drive corporation and collaboration across multiple groups with varied priorities.
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent judgment, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Past experience with enterprise level ecommerce, particularly in payments.
- Experience with leading technical initiatives utilizing AWS hosting.
- Prior experience as a developer or other technical role.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Diego, CADate posted: 2021-12-11