Senior Technical Program Manager
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
What you will do
- Support and drive multiple high impact cross-functional programs
- Approach complex problems with a technical and strategic perspective and develop strategies to address them
- Leverage your experience with various systems, workflows and user journeys to improve overall engineering execution
- Proactively identify inefficiencies, risks and gaps that stifle the program's progress and to implement better and more efficient workflows
- Establish an overall plan for several teams to rally around by identifying the right teams, the systems involved to build new solutions, align roadmaps, and weigh relative priorities
- Build strong subject matter knowledge to balance business demands with technological restrictions
- Assess and evaluate a program's technical implementation with engineering to determine the best strategy for the challenge at hand
- Drive and participate in the complex technical discussions with audiences of varying technical and subject matter backgrounds
- Develop and own communication plans for communicating program status, big picture, challenges, and risks to stakeholders effectively and proactively
- Partner with cross-functional engineering and business teams to develop path-to-green plans for programs that trend behind, communicate those corrective actions, and drive them to completion
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- A strong understanding of working at the intersection of product management, software engineering and project management
- Deep experience working cross-functionally across several different product development teams and stakeholders to deliver scalable solutions
- Highly skilled, organized, experienced, and enjoy orchestrating programs with many moving parts: people, needs, and technologies
- Operate autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrate critical thinking and thought leadership
- Action-oriented and able to solve ambiguous, complex technical problems
- Experience establishing trust and strong work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners
- Comfortable collaborating and influencing a diverse set of people and teams to do what needs to get done and negotiate when approaches or timelines change
- Zoom in and out seamlessly to identify bottlenecks and stay focused on the big picture
- Love to dive into the technology aspect of a program, gaining rich context that enables you to be even more thoughtful and effective in making the initiative happen
- Adept at looking around the corner and anticipating upcoming challenges in advance - communicating them to the program group and helping create mitigation for evolving headwinds
- Stellar communication skills, both verbal and written
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23