Senior Technical Artist
Role descriptionThe opportunity
Unity’s Accelerate Solutions team is growing and we are looking for talented technical artists! Our professional services team works across multiple platforms and industries, incorporating cutting edge technologies like XR, ML, robotics, and IoT. We use the Unity engine to build custom software solutions for a wide range of technically diverse fields, including architecture, automotive, retail, entertainment, and games.
Your day-to-day work will apply your diverse technical art skillset to an application project team. As a senior technical artist, you’ll play a meaningful role in each phase of your projects, from concept and proposal to planning and implementation, through client delivery. While your focus will be on building real-time 3D experiences, you’ll also work with our engineers and designers to ingest and visualize real-world data. You’re an experienced technical artist that owns your work, helps guide others, and has an eagerness to learn and grow. You have the confidence and skills to champion and drive outstanding interactive experiences for discerning clients.
Our cross-disciplinary teams consist of world class application & cloud developers, technical artists, 3d artists, UX & UI designers. Our goal is to inspire customers and transform industries. We are committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
What you’ll be doing
- Designing and developing workflows, pipelines, and tools for a variety of projects and teams, from industrial to games
- Integrating assets provided by art & design, and implementing the features associated with them
- Developing solutions to incorporate real-world assets and data into real-time applications
- Research and experimenting with groundbreaking technologies, pioneering new techniques to match the constantly evolving demands of our clients and the industry
- Collaborating in small teams to ship client projects on multiple platforms, including desktop, AR, and VR headsets, mobile, WebGL, and more.
What we’re looking for
- Experience developing with Unity at a high level, or another game engine
- Solid understanding of one or more 3D creation suites (Maya, Blender, etc.)
- Experience and technical understanding of 3D model optimization and performance
- Experience with art production workflows such as modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, or lighting with HDRP/URP
- Intermediate skill with C# or another programming language
You might also have
- Experience working with commercial/industrial data (CAD, BIM, GIS, LIDAR, point clouds, etc.)
- Production experience developing headset AR/VR applications
- Rendering performance & optimization techniques
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Tokyo, JapanDate posted: 2022-01-20