Senior Technical Artist (Animation)
Imagendary Studios is a next generation AAA development studio. Committed to the development of high-quality animation and AAA games, Imagendary currently leads a global team with two office locations in Irvine, California and Xuhui, Shanghai. Driven by an ambition to break the barriers between traditional films and games, Imagendary is dedicated to deliver the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experiences to gamers and audiences across the world.
Imagendary Studios is seeking a highly skilled and talented Senior Animation Technical Artist to join our core team developing high quality AAA games and cinematic animation. The ideal candidate is a skilled Technical Artist with experience in animation. You will be collaborating with artists, designers and engineers to develop efficient, intuitive workflows, build production tools, and identify performance metrics parameters.
- Work closely with our core team members to develop efficient, maintainable workflows capable of supporting a large, complex project with a wide range of animation needs.
- Strong experience using Unreal Engine.
- Develop tools and workflows to support animators and previs artists.
- Develop and maintain runtime animation graphs.
- Provide direct support to the animation and previs teams.
- Work with the Technology team to develop best practices, technical guidelines, and performance metrics for animation and previs.
- Document workflows and advocate best practices.
- Have knowledge of the latest industry's technological developments and research cutting-edge solutions to apply them into the projects.
- Experienced working with motion capture data.
- Contribute to the growth of a startup studio.
- 4+ years of professional experience in the game/film industry as a Technical Artist focusing on animation.
- Solid technical background with ability to design and implement systems.
- Solid understanding of kinematics, animation principles and ability to translate this into tangible production tools and processes.
- Experience with runtime animation tools, techniques and capabilities (Unity, Havok Behavior, Natural Motion, or proprietary systems, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Fluent in one or more programming language (Python, C#, C++, etc.).
- Lead or team management experience in AAA game development or Film production.
- Familiarity with combat, environment, and character design workflows.
- Familiarity with virtual cameras and motion capture techniques
Imagendary Studios launched in 2021 with the vision to develop the next generation of IP, story, and world building for AAA games and cinematic animations.
We are committed to building a global community that embraces collaboration, creativity, and delivering the highest quality work. At Imagendary we believe that by building a global community that embraces diversity, authenticity, and inclusivity we will succeed in delivering the most unique and extraordinary entertainment experience to players and audiences across the world.
Location:Date posted: 2022-10-29