Senior Technical Animator
As a Senior Technical Animator at Build A Rocket Boy, you will work closely within the Gameplay Animation Team to create and maintain Animation systems that will ultimately benefit and enhance the animation quality of our game. We are looking for people with a passion for the creative and technical aspects of game animation, someone that likes problem solving with a creative technical mindset.
We are looking for exceptional candidates that will play a significant role in building a new ground-breaking game.
We are an iterative development studio, and you will be working on a fluid environment with competing demands. We believe the best games are made by diverse teams, and we welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
- Collaborate with Animation, Code and Design to achieve the look and feel of the desired animations style in-game.
- Offer constructive feedback to the team’s work routinely.
- Create and maintain documentation for internal and external use.
- Proactively create and enhance Animation systems to balance the performance and behaviour requirements for the game.
- Prioritise, plan, and manage the time of assigned tasks with minimal oversight.
- Help define the technical direction and develop innovative solutions for difficult animation problems.
- Coach and Mentor members of the Animation team and maintain a high-quality relationship with other departments.
- Escalate priority matters in a timely and professional manner.
- Previous experience in games development, preferably with at least 1 AAA title under your belt as a Senior Technical Animator or 2/3 as an intermediate with involvement in technical animation.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Thorough knowledge of Animation Graphs, Blend Trees and State Machines implementation and maintenance.
- Understanding and knowledge of procedural runtime animation solutions such as IK/retargeting/ragdoll.
- Understanding and implementation of procedural animation systems to reduce workload and improve believability/readability of characters in-game.
- Strong knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder.
- Knowledgeable of current and emerging animation technologies in animation.
- Knowledge of animation principles and the processes involved in creating them.
- Scripting/programming languages such as Python/C++/C#/Blueprints experience is desirable.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the bestselling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23