Senior Software Test Engineer
Role descriptionThe opportunity
Are you a meticulous, hardworking engineer with a passion for quality? Do you enjoy focusing on our customers and helping to tackle their hard problems? We are hiring a Software Engineer in Test that will collaborate with our development teams as well as customers and partners to report on functionality, stability, and usability of Unity as a tool and runtime platform. You have probably worked on engine level tech in the past and you know the importance of writing fast, maintainable, and well tested code. If this sounds like a fit for you read on!What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with our developers to provide implementation support and expertise across all functions of quality in our product
- Investigate and provide context and technical details on reported issues
- Build test projects and examples that showcase and validate Unity on our supported platforms
- Develop, maintain and extend our test projects, test cases and automated tests
- Connect with peers and teams across Unity to ensure a quality end-to- end experience of what we make on our platforms
- Engineering Quality skillset with proven record of delivering phenomenal results and shipping large sophisticated software
- Detailed knowledge of the C# programming language
- Experience with the Unity engine, or other 3D engines or tools
- Experience in real-time 3D graphics technology
- Someone who can help drive our team to improve Quality Culture
- Self-motivated and looking to become a better engineer and teammate
- Able to clearly communicate the state and quality of our product to product owners and partners
- A tester's mentality and be able to have an innate feeling for what quality is and how to measure it.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Stratford-upon-Avon, United KingdomDate posted: 2022-01-20