Senior Software QA Engineer/ QA Lead
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software QA Engineer/ QA Lead - Aliso Viejo, CA
The Sr. QA Engineer (QA Lead) will join our Engineering team, as part of our Experience Technology Group, at Sony Interactive Entertainment. You will lead quality engineering of customer-facing applications in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Plan and execute QA related activities; build test plan, test cases, and execute to ensure the quality of new features
- Review product requirements and technical design documents to understand how the feature works on the PlayStation console and create effective testing strategies
- Collaborate with distributed teams for multi-functional test plan design and execution
- Work with QA team members, software developers from multi-functional teams to trouble-shoot test failures in the various test environments
- Report, track and, verify defects
- Practical experience using source code control systems, especially Git
- Knowledge of development and deployment tools; Git, Jenkins etc
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and development processes
- 7+ years of proven experience in building and carrying out test plans and test cases
- Experience in a lead capacity, leading small to medium projects
- Extensive background in QA methodologies and experience developing and performing comprehensive test suites for system software
- Knowledge and experience testing APIs and microservices
- Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Work constructively with developers, QA, Design, and PMO towards a common goal
- Experience with automation using any programming language: Java, Python, etc
- Experience using source control (esp. Git) and CI/CD tools (Jenkins or Circle CI)
- Possess a drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and able to work with others at all levels
- Effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams
- Curiosity drives you to go beyond your immediate assignments and actively learn everything you can about the systems you support!
- You're not afraid to ask questions
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Diego, CADate posted: 2021-12-11