Senior Software Engineer
Role descriptionThe opportunity
At Unity in Dublin we are working on some of the most exciting AI-powered 3D technology in the world - would you like to join us?
In this role you will play a significant role in helping us to build and maintain new features in our suite of content creation tools and processes. Your work will involve refining new product specifications and then designing, building, testing, and maintaining these features. Our engineers work closely with our core research team to commercialise ground breaking computer vision, graphics and AI algorithms, and alongside artists to build spectacular artist content. You will have the opportunity to innovate within this space and bring new ideas to the market. As a senior member of an agile scrum team you will work with your colleagues to build features collaboratively, helping to lead the design and technical thinking both within your team and in collaboration with other teams in Unity. You will also mentor and coach other team members to help them develop their software engineering skills, and will have ample opportunity to grow and develop all aspects of your own skills on a codebase that presents many interesting challenges. You will also strive to delight our customers by finding and implementing solutions that address real customer challenges.What you’ll be doing
- Leading and contributing to product improvements by designing, implementing, testing and maintaining features
- Taking a central role in planning, feature refinement, daily stand ups, reviews and retrospective meetings
- Helping the team to continuously improve its engineering practices, whilst also developing appropriate test automation and performing ad-hoc and formal testing
- Performing code reviews and participating in design reviews
- Contributing to all required documentation
- Experience in a similar role
- Extensive professional experience using development languages including C++, and ideally other languages such as Python, C and C#
- A passion for real-time 3D content creation
- Experience developing games or applications using Unity
- Knowledge of any artist content creation tools such as Blender, Maya, 3DS Max, Houdini, Nuke, Substance Designer, Photoshop
- Knowledge of the following technologies: TensorFlow, CUDA, OpenGL, OpenCL or DirectX
- Experience with GIT / Jenkins / Jira / Maven / TFS
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetise interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimised support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Dublin, IrelandDate posted: 2022-01-20