Senior Software Engineer
In Helsinki, you will work on the Unity Monetization platform, building high-throughput distributed systems on an unprecedented scale. You will be doing what Google does on the web – but in games! What’s more, your work will have a positive impact, helping game developers get paid for their work by powering ads in hundreds of thousands of games.
Our technology stack is built to create solid products that allow us to operate in a high-volume environment. We use Golang, Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, NATS, Redis, Bigtable, Kubernetes and so much more! Stability, quality, and robustness of code is in the heart of Unity, as our advertising network reaches millions of gamers daily. Our teams are highly autonomous and take the lead and responsibility in designing and developing solutions that enable us to scale towards the future. We also collaborate across teams and borders!
Quality of service is paramount to our team as we are responsible for making sure that code is robustly tested to encourage incremental releases daily. Our model of continuous, multiple deployments every day, lets us adapt quickly with small iterations validated by data.
We believe that if you have strong software development experience in architecturing backend services, a quality driven attitude and the right mentality for learning new things, then you're the person we’re looking for.
What you’ll be doing
- Designing & developing new services, and improving our existing services.
- Architecting and building robust microservice architecture solutions.
- Ensure service scalability and reliability through effective code and data storage design.
- Ensure quality by supplying features with the right combination of unit, acceptance and end-to-end tests.
- Navigating between ground-level and big-picture views in software architecture.
What we’re looking for
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. You will collaborate cross-functionally with other teams by clearly communicating ideas and solutions.
- Strong programming skills. Our current primary language is Golang, but if you have strong experience with Python, Rust, NodeJS or Java, it won’t be a blocker.
- Strong understanding on building scalable backend services.
- Good understanding on working with distributed systems, including communication patterns, data protocols and reliability.
You might also have
- Experience with Golang is a huge plus, we use it as our primary language and experience with Node.js, we have services which still use it.
- Experience and understanding of container orchestration systems like Kubernetes or experience with Terraform and Google Cloud Platform, we build and own our infrastructure.
- Good understanding of messaging systems and their limitations.
- Domain understanding on advertising networks ideally with some Real-Time Bidding.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Helsinki, FinlandDate posted: 2021-12-11