Senior Software Engineer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software Engineer, Tools and Technology
We will consider candidates with professional experience at a Senior Software Engineer or higher level.
How would you like to influence the next generation of the most successful gaming platform of all time? Does it interest you to develop technology used by every single next generation PlayStation developer?
We are offering a career opportunity combining both your passion and skills as a software engineer while also allowing you to work with state-of-the-art technologies.
The PlayStation Studios Tools and Technology Group lives at the intersection of PlayStation’s game and platform development. We seek an engineer to develop and support machine learning activities in the group and across PlayStation Studios. If this is you please apply!
- You will contribute to our software development in the machine learning space:
- Develop, maintain, and support, a framework and tooling for inference on PlayStation platforms
- Develop machine learning models across a wide range of application spaces
- Including but not limited to rendering, content creation and animation
- Support game development teams in their usage of machine learning models and frameworks
- Extensive practical or theoretical knowledge of machine learning techniques
- Deep knowledge of linear algebra, optimization, probability, and statistics (and their application to ML)
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: CNN, GAN, RNN, Reinforcement Learning, Transformers
- Strong programming background in C++, Python, and the debugging of neural networks
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- An interest in games and a dream to create something better
- Previous experience in game development outside of ML is a plus
- Experience designing & training novel neural network architectures
- Understanding of the GPU pipeline and the pros and cons of running neural networks on CPU or GPU
- GPU Compute programming experience
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23