Senior Software Engineer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer II who will craft and develop cloud-based network software services for the PlayStation® and other applications/devices. You will provide strong technical abilities in cloud based software development and highly scalable API designs.
Our team is innovating and crafting the next generation of gaming experiences on PlayStation! You will work alongside partners in engineering, product, design, and research to build tools and technologies that keep our players safe.
PlayStation Network currently has around 100 million monthly active users. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join our high leverage team working on building outstanding new experiences!
· Design, implement and maintain Windows Multi-platform based Software Development Tools
· Produce excellent, detailed design and development documentation
· Work with team members to deliver features on time, respond to evolving requirements, and strategic shifts in direction
· Familiar and comfortable with Agile/Scrum software development methodology
· 3+ years of proven programming experience in C/C++/C#/Java (or equivalent client development) developing on varying CParchitectures, Familiar with industry standard Software Development tools sets, object oriented design and design patterns, and passionate about writing high quality and well-architected code
· Experience in building high-performance and secure Platform based applications.
· Strong understanding of engineering standard methodologies – requirement gathering and analysis, design and develop secure and scalable code with unit tests, participate in code reviews and documentation; experience with multiple technology stacks
· Ability to balance periodic on-call duty, and defensive engineering to minimize impact
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Master's degree a plus.
Helpful but not required
· Experience with Security software development a plus
· Knowledge of RESTful Web Services APIs and backend services
· React Native development experience a plus
· Experience Web Services Frontend development a plus
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23