Senior Software Engineer-Web Development
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
At PlayStation, we are obsessed with providing customers a seamless experience in our platform both inside and outside the game. We have recently launched PlayStation Direct, an online store where PlayStation fans can purchase consoles, accessories, games and more, directly from PlayStation. As we continue to build and expand this new commerce platform for physical goods, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer – Web Development to join the team.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Lead design and implementation of PlayStation Direct store front using innovative web development technologies.
- Provide hands-on designs, prototypes, and implementations incorporating software engineering best practices.
- Be an advocate for continuous process improvement and push the limits of technology.
- Work in an agile and highly collaborative environment with our globally distributed engineering teams, architecture, product management, quality assurance, and operations.
- Stay abreast of industry trends.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 8+ years of total experience as a hands-on software engineer.
- 5+ years of experience in React, Redux, Template Engine (e.g., Mustache)
- Well versed with industry popular build tools / bundlers such as Webpack or Parcel and grunt.
- Experience delivering powerful features such as multi-site and multi-channel delivery, personalization/targeting, content aggregation & syndication, multi-lingual support, automated workflow management, social media etc.
- Proficient in software development process, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience building multipage application using React Redux
- AEM experience / knowledge is a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Mateo, CADate posted: 2021-12-11