Senior Software Engineer, Unity Gaming Services
We believe that the world is better with more creators in it.
One way we’re supporting creators at Unity in Edinburgh is by building a suite of products that help games developers and publishers run live games. For example, they can use our analytical tools to understand their player's behaviour and can adapt their game's experience to create the best experience for specific groups of players.
All of the products we are building as part of Unity Gaming Services help to create a better experience for players, in turn helping drive success for developers, studios and publishers.
We are looking for an experienced senior software engineer to join our team in Edinburgh, working on the Unity analytics platform.
What you’ll be doing
- Solving hands-on technical challenges with our teams building analytics features and products
- Developing large scale, high throughput systems that process tens of billions of events a day
- Mentoring & coaching other engineers, encouraging good practice and raising our quality bar
- Working with the team, engineering lead and product owner to establish technical designs and roadmaps
What we’re looking for
- Experience working on scalable, highly available, cloud-native systems
- Great communication skills
- A deep understanding of modern programming languages and technologies (For example, Java, C#, Kotlin, Go, React, AWS, GCP, Docker, K8s, Jenkins)
- Experience with a variety of testing strategies and techniques
- Comfortable operating with a high level of autonomy and accountability
You might also have
- Experience mentoring and coaching less experienced engineers
- Experience working with large datasets and data warehouses
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Edinburgh, ScotlandDate posted: 2021-12-11