Senior Software Engineer, Ultra
Unity’s Ultra Simple Creation (Ultra) team is building out new creative tools that will inspire and enable entirely new markets of makers. Your role will be to help research and build out prototypes & technical solutions across a wide range of fun, deep web problems: 3D, animation, video, collaboration, infinite canvas and collaborative tools, XR and more. This role is especially pivotal as an ‘early startup employee’. You will work alongside your peers, principal designers focused on research, and will work with them to push the boundaries of what easy creation looks like. You will report directly to the VP of Ultra, and your role is crucial to the team’s success. This team and product are extensions of Unity’s belief that the world is better with more creators in it. Specifically, Ultra is highly targeted at the massive number of everyday, common creative tasks that ordinary people have to do. We make it easier than ever to make beautiful, high quality creations.This is a rare opportunity to join a 0-1 product team inside a well-established, successful company, helping to expand Unity’s tool suite to an entirely new class of users.
What you’ll be doing
- We want you to join the founding team developing a brand-new Unity product that will be used by millions of real-time creators
- You will be one of the first engineering hires, helping us prototype and research cutting edge web tech
- You will be working on a massively scalable web-first, cloud-based system from the ground up—specifically figuring out what we can do to push the bar
- You will work hand in hand with design and product to figure out what we should focus on, research and prototype to create best-in-class products
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years hands-on experience developing and shipping web-based and mobile technology and applications, or working on cutting-edge web-based creative technologies
- Significant experience in front-end web development
- Strategic problem solver with the ability to work with multi-functional partners at all levels
You might also have
- Agile approach: build, test, and measure; iterate quickly based on customer feedback
- Experience working closely with designers on design tools
- 3D, video, collaborative, mobile, or other tech that push the boundaries of what’s possible and delightful
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: San Francisco, CA, USADate posted: 2022-01-20