Senior Software Engineer, Technology Partners
We are looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated engineer who is a master of many trades. The Technology Partnerships team is Unity’s engineering interface with industry partners across the silicon-to-software spectrum. An engineer on this team must be curious about multiple technologies—from mobile architectures to graphics APIs, desktop applications, and distributed software—and be willing to experiment, innovate, and embrace ambiguity. As a member of our team, you will be a key contributor to the future of Unity.
Under normal circumstances, some international travel will be required.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborate with a wide variety of our technology partners in order to best position Unity to accommodate and influence change across the evolving landscape of gaming.
- Investigate technology advances and build proof of concept solutions to test their feasibility within the Unity ecosystem.
- Once demonstrated, design and implement new features to incorporate into Unity products and their interfaces to industry services. This will often require collaboration with multiple teams distributed over multiple time zones.
- Collaborate with our partners to evolve our shared long-term strategy, and advocate for technological advances across Unity.
- Collaborate in crafting quality documentation, and contribute to the work of standards consortiums when needed.
What we’re looking for
- A respected Android NDK development expert with deep C/C++ experience and a solid knowledge of .NET/C#.
- A working understanding of mobile CPU/GPU architectures and graphics APIs.
- A proven track record of building and owning software solutions or services.
- Experience diagnosing and debugging complex issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience working with globally distributed teams.
You might also have
- Experience developing with Google’s Play SDKs.
- Cross-platform development experience.
- Experience with profiling and optimization.
- Experience using the Unity Engine.
- Experience in the design and implementation of distributed software systems.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning techniques and methodologies.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: San Francisco, CA, USADate posted: 2021-12-17