Senior Software Engineer-Shared Services
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Shared Services Development Team works on designing and building solutions that provide standardized capabilities for use across the PlayStation platform. These solutions empower teams to focus on their core business functions by providing operationally sound services with ease of adoption. Our services include REST micro-services as well as java libraries dealing with data abstraction, event publishing, batch processing, secrets access and so forth. We are looking for problem solvers, who can take initiative to tackle the most interesting and diverse technical challenges of developing software at scale. We are open to adoption of the latest tools and techniques for solving complex problems.
Senior Engineer Responsibilities:
- Perform in-depth analysis of functional or business requirements.
- Design and develop highly performant and scalable services and libraries using industry standards
- Play a senior role in design, development, quality and operations of services owned by the team partnering across product management, architects and operations. Drive performance testing strategy, define workflows. Develop test scripts and scenarios to meet these requirements
- Use agile development methodologies, provide time/resource estimates
- Participate in on-call rotations
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of software development experience, proficiency in Java programming and Object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience developing high performance, scalable, active-active web services using REST, JSON and XML.
- Experience with spring, spring boot and related spring technologies
- Proven understanding of SQL. Experience working with relational (Oracle or similar) and NoSQL databases (Aerospike, Dynamo or similar)
- Hands-on experience in Amazon Web Services at enterprise scale is required including familiarity with EKS and managed services like DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, etc
- Experience with Python is a plus
- Track record monitoring and analyzing system performance, isolating issues or bottlenecks that could impact reliability, performance and scalability
- Experience executing performance testing and/or development efforts for complex, high throughput system
- Drive and passion for quality with the ability to excite and motivate other team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with geographically remote teams
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Francisco, CADate posted: 2021-12-11