Senior Software Engineer Product UX & Tooling
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer Product UX & Tooling
As Software Engineer Product UX & Tooling you will build solutions and processes that our internal customers at Future Technology Group use to develop the future of gaming! Your responsibility in this role will be to integrate various services consisting of open source technologies and internal tools in our ecosystem with each other. This requires crafting UI tools, services and APIs that link the many different data sources. The goal is to provide our customers with homogeneous processes that don't require them to switch tools during their interaction with services. To be successful at PlayStation, you should be able to communicate requirements, estimates and schedules to project management and customers, share knowledge with the engineering team, and take ownership of the implementation and delivery of features from concept phase to production release. You will work closely with our infrastructure and internal tooling teams in this position.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with 4-10 years of relevant development experience
- Expert knowledge in at least two of these languages: Python, Typescript, Go
- Experienced with several of the following technologies: Kubernetes, AWS, Grafana, Vault, Prometheus, AWX / Ansible / Ansible Tower, DNS, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of several web technologies such as REST, Web-sockets, gRPC, HTML/CSS, Angular, NodeJS, Envoy, HAProxy
- Solid understanding of Linux, Bash
- Familiarity with an agile development environment
The following attributes are a plus
- Some knowledge about hardware and hardware installation
- Experience developing full-stack web applications
- Involvement with open source projects
- Being a gamer
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23