Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure
We are looking for a skilled senior software engineer to collaborate with a global multi-disciplinary team and work on the infrastructure of the platform. You will maintain, design, develop, deploy, and enhance the current infrastructure to provide better reliability, scalability and maintainability.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain and improve the current infrastructure of our Platform
- Ensure service scalability and reliability through effective code and data storage design
- Work closely with DevOps team to trouble-shoot and enhance the reliability and maintainability of the system
- Assist and support other developers in instrumenting their areas of the product to fit this system
What we’re looking for
- Experience architecting and developing large scale distributed systems design
- Professional experience with web service development
- Understanding of design patterns, architecture, and failure modes of highly available scale services
- Solid knowledge of SQL/No-SQL Database technologies, familiarity with data Replication/Partitioning/failover etc
- Experiences using Cache and Message Queue services
You might also have
- Experience with DevOps or SRE work
- Experience working in GCP or AWS
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Austin, TX, USADate posted: 2022-01-20