Senior Software Engineer in Test
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
At Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation, we are obsessed with providing customers a seamless experience in our platform both inside and outside the game. We have recently launched PlayStation Direct, an online store where PlayStation fans can purchase consoles, accessories, games and more, directly from PlayStation. As we continue to build and expand this new commerce platform for physical goods, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test to join the team. This is a highly visible position within the team and will interact with variety of stakeholders.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Test, you will:
- Design and build a scalable test framework for functional, integration & regression testing for PlayStation Direct eCommerce platform
- Build API test framework for Microservices. Including Mocking external services and Databases and any dependencies
- Drive testing of complex initiatives across multiple-teams and fields. Evaluate gaps in Testing and drive solutions to write high quality automation to increase Test coverage.
- Write automation scripts for features with key characteristics of stability and maintainability which prevents regressions in the product code.
- Work effectively to build automation infrastructure to create CI Pipelines, enable automation runs.
- Automation first attitude & Passionate about Quality and strives to improve processes, proposes standard methodologies and drives their usage within the teams.
- Develop and execute non-functional testing (e.g. Performance, Failover, Security).
- Mentor other team members and provide technical leadership by reviewing test plans, automation scripts, and provide measurable feedback.
- Communicate on testing strategy, technical subjects related to testing frameworks, and collaborates effectively with the globally distributed teams to achieve the business goals.
- Work in an agile and highly collaborative environment with our globally distributed engineering teams, architecture, product, program, and operations.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge.
- 5 or more years of experience in UI, API and E2E test planning. Test case design and automation for both web and non-web applications.
- 2 or more years of experience with various testing frameworks including Java, Junit, REST Assured, TestNG, Selenium, Webdriver.io, and code coverage tools including SonarQube, Clover, Karma.
- Experience with build automation and continuous integration tools; Jenkins, Maven, Chef or Puppet.
- Experience with Behavior-Driven Development; Cucumber or Gherkin.
- Experience with commerce and payment solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with modern testing frameworks; TestCafe/Cypress/Playwright a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Location: San Diego, CADate posted: 2021-12-11