Senior, Software Engineer, Embedded
We are seeking a Senior/Lead Embedded Software Engineer with experience in embedded, mobile devices in a high level/Linux like OS, and in a real time OS. Your expertise will help us engineer and optimize state of the art software for our next generation of the Magic Leap device.
The ideal candidate will get to work on a system that requires inter-process and multi-core communications, strict power budgets under heavy loads, battery management, PCIE, USBC and USB power delivery; Linux kernel and drivers, middleware services, and much more. You will get to propose solutions and influence decisions in a highly achieving team to help shape the direction and production readiness of our product. Furthermore, you will have a significant track record of working on Linux/Android OS Kernel and in Real time OS.
- Deliver full Platform SW to the rest of the Magic Leap team, this includes Linux Kernel and real-time/embedded drivers.
- Design and develop software for kernel, drivers for peripherals, software services (PCIE, USB, multi-core communications, battery; and the test system functionality for use in debugging issues and factory validation
- Debug issues that stem from:USB, PCIE, dynamic and static power management, on a daily basis in a timely manner, and will include the use of lab equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, etc
- Work with other teams (on-site and remote): Hardware, Apps and Middleware Software to debug cross-functional issues
- Write architecture,and design documents
- Generate detailed reports on how bugs/problems were solved to be used as a reference for future issues
- Strong C++ and C knowledge and skills
- Familiarity with multi-threaded systems and real-time OS systems
- 10+ years hands-on programming experience
- 5+ years hands-on experience with mobile device kernel software layer
- Capable of reading and understanding Hardware Schematics
- Experience in Unix systems programming
- Experience with professional coding practices a must (code review, incremental and unit testing, Agile/Scrum type processes, etc)
- Excellent communication skills required
- Bootloader on multiple platforms experience a plus
- BA/BS in CS or EE is required, MS preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Location: Plantation, FL; Austin, TX; Sunnyvale, CADate posted: 2021-12-11