Senior Software Engineer, Data Oriented Programming Integration
Unity reaches the world on the next billion devices, from entry-level mobile phones to high-end PCs. We enable creators whether they’re making their indie dream game or the next AAA mega-hit. We need the help of people like you to make our tools and runtime highly performant and scalable.
The Unity DOTS team is making a brand-new, highly modularized architecture based around data-oriented design principles where scalability lives alongside performance. Unity’s new Data Oriented Technology Stack (DOTS) is unlocking the power of computing devices so that making experiences that would previously require a team of expert game engine developers will be open to anyone with the desire to make a game.
As a Software Engineer on the DOTS Conversion Team, you will implement new Unity features, optimize existing features, and problem solve in conjunction with internal teams and customers. You’ll make the ground breaking technology that some of the best known game studios will use to craft a new generation of experiences. You will help develop our existing tools to bring power and scalability to countless indie developers.
You will collaborate with Unity engineering teams around the globe. You will write C++ in the engine, C# in the scripting layer, and use a handful of additional technologies that come with the platforms that we support — such as PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Web, and consoles.
What you'll be doing
- Develop features, workflows or tools as needed
- Optimize systems and tools to work smoothly with massive data sets
- Write code in C++ in the Engine and C# in Scripting layer
- Characterize and champion product outcomes and user-stories
- Identify, plan, and complete tasks independently and with the team lead. Coordinating cross-department teams to deliver outcomes
What we're looking for
- Game development experience with multiple shipped titles
- Strength in C++ and/or C#
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build relationships with global team members
- Experience architecting and developing large sophisticated systems
You might also have
- Experience working with DOTS or the Unity Engine
- Working with remote/international teams working on large scale projects
- Experience coordinating developers and communicating with partners for large sophisticated changes
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Copenhagen, DenmarkDate posted: 2021-12-17