Senior Software Engineer, Analytics & Data
We believe that the world is better with more creators in it.
One way we’re supporting creators at Unity in Edinburgh is by building a suite of products that help games developers and publishers build, manage, and grow live games. For example, they can use our analytical tools to understand their player's behaviour and can adapt their game's experience to create the best experience for specific groups of players.
All of the products we are building as part of Unity Gaming Services help to create a better experience for players, and in turn helping drive success for developers, studios and publishers.
We are looking for an experienced senior data engineer to join our team in Edinburgh to help build, scale, maintain data warehouses, data pipelines and backend services that enable deep analytics abilities for our end-users.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing large scale, high throughput systems that process tens of billions of events a day.
- Advocating for technical solutions, processes, architectural or cultural changes across the organisation.
- Solving technical challenges with multi-disciplined teams building our analytics and data products.
- Mentoring & coaching engineers, encouraging good data and engineering practices and up-levelling those around you, to support delivery of high quality outcomes for our users.
What we’re looking for
- Experience performing data analysis and data processing on large datasets in MPP data warehouses such as Google BigQuery and Snowflake
- Experience working on scalable, highly available, cloud-native systems
- Experience with a variety of testing and deployment strategies within data systems
- Clear and concise communication style, with data-driven decision-making
- Comfortable operating with a high level of autonomy and accountability
You might also have
- Experience with emerging NoSQL and newSQL technologies such as BigTable, Google Spanner, VoltDB etc
- Experience mentoring and coaching less experienced engineers
- A deep understanding of modern programming languages and technologies (For example, Java, C#, Kotlin, Go, React, AWS, GCP, Docker, K8s, Jenkins)
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Edinburgh, ScotlandDate posted: 2022-01-20