Senior Software Developer, External Productions
Come craft the future of Unity, you'll work closely with top developers to help break boundaries of what is possible in Unity.
You'll implement new Unity features and optimize current features in conjunction with our partners. Your work will help improve many different teams across all of Unity so you'll have the opportunity to meet new people, and learn new skills. This is a phenomenal opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking technology.
We want to welcome an expert in game development to improve tooling for a AAA ecosystem in the Unity Engine.
Do you want to build tools and systems that empower large teams of content creators to excel?
This role will require occasional travel to partner offices for client collaboration or to other Unity offices for training. Travel is expected less than 25% of the time.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with external team to build high-end showcases for Unity
- Developing features, workflows or tools as needed in collaboration with our partner teams
- Optimizing systems and tools to work with massive data sets
- Working with premiere technology inside Unity to tackle ambitious problems and improve our tools before release.
What we’re looking for
- AAA game development experience with several titles shipped on PC or Console
- Excellent and current programming skills. C/C++, C#
- Strong optimization and debugging skills.
- Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engines
You might also have
- Experience with animation programming and procedural animation techniques.
- A love of writing good tools and workflows for all kinds of game developers
- Realtime networked multiplayer game experience, specifically with rollback prediction models.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Port Coquitlam, CanadaDate posted: 2022-01-20