Senior Software Developer (Back End/Cloud), Metacast
Unity is recruiting an experienced Sr Software Backend Developer to build innovative solutions for the creators across the world within our Sports and Live entertainment division. By joining this team, you will be at the forefront of developing Unity’s product offering with novel concepts to further empower creators of realtime content.
You will be joining a fast-growing high-impact agile team, working closely with members across Unity, as well as end-customers to drive product design, implementation, and end-to-end release of the product.
What you’ll be doing
- Building tools and services, contributing to our PaaS compute options (Kubernetes, Chef & VM, Serverless).
- Making access to AWS/GCP services simple and effective.
- Ensure service scalability through effective code and data storage design.
- Build prototypes and proof-of-concepts as part of coming up with strong direction for a scalable, fault-tolerant infrastructure.
- Design, implement, test, and maintain scalable services that are capable of handling real-time and batch processing of thousands of requests.
What we’re looking for
- Experience with building backend for large scale applications using Node.js, Python and/or Golang.
- Experience with designing and developing REST APIs, authentication and securing APIs, asynchronous programming, databases and realtime mobile backends.
- Deploying and maintaining scalable applications on a cloud platform (AWS/Google Cloud Platform).
- Experience with DevOps standard methodologies and technologies including but not limited to Kubernetes, Docker and other CI/CD tools.
- Experience crafting web servers, CDNs and caching solutions with expertise in building micro services.
You might also have
- Experience with C#, Unity's engine and related tools.
- Experience working with AWS, specifically S3, DynamoDB and ECS
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent engineering experience.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Vancouver, CanadaDate posted: 2022-01-20