Senior Software Developer (Architect) - Mobile Services
At Unity, we’re focused on building great products that are beautiful, innovative, and help our customers unlock their creative potential through the power of real time 3D technologies. The Mobile Creators team at Unity provides innovative experiences to both existing and new creators and across global markets.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer (Architect) to help make real-time 3D accessible to all digital creators, not just those who code. Unity sees an opportunity to provide more creative capabilities to the millions of people creating content on their mobile devices. This is the early stages of a brand new AR product that you have the opportunity to help define. We are looking for a developer with a strong user-first mentality to support both prototyping and scaling our backend as we grow.
You will work closely with product, design and other engineering groups to prototype and then release products that delight and amaze our customers. You will be a major contributor to the growth and evolution of the backend for an exciting new product that supports creativity, collaboration and community building.
What you’ll be doing
- Drive the technical solutions and architecture of the Social Creator backend services
- Enable rapid iteration through CI/CD, Observability and Analytics
- Guiding the services through the phases of scaling as our user base grows
- Drive technical alignment within the team and across Unity. Evaluate build, buy or reuse decisions.
- Guide and mentor engineers, define and advocate for good coding practices as part of a quality culture within the whole engineering team
What we’re looking for
- Experience of designing and developing backend services for large user bases
- Responsible for architecture and development for at least one shipped application or service
- Experience with designing, developing and scaling REST APIs, authentication, security, asynchronous programming, databases
- Experience with deploying and maintaining scalable applications on a cloud platform
You might also have
- Experience with large scalable backends for games or social applications
- Experience with mobile, Unity or AR development
- Experience of Google Cloud Platform, Terraform, CI/CD, C#, Golang
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Calgary, CanadaDate posted: 2022-01-20