Senior Security Analyst
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Security Analyst
San Mateo, CA OR San Francisco, CA OR San Diego, CA
The Security Analyst is a member of the Information Security team at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE LLC). The Security Analyst will be responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of a wide variety of cutting edge security tools and applications that support the Information Security program across SIE LLC and other Sony groups. This is a technical hands on position that requires someone who has at least 5+ years in information security and operations experience that will work closely with other highly technical members across multiple teams to continuously improve and enhance SIE LLC technical information security program.
- Hands-on implementation and management of security devices and applications to monitor and review network, servers, databases, and applications
- Extensive Hands-on experience implementing and supporting a variety of types of security technologies including but not limited to Tanium, Carbon Black, & ServiceNow.
- Develops and maintains documentation for the implementation of maintenance, security devices and applications
- Maintains knowledge of information security policies and goals
- Keeps current on the current IT threat landscape and upcoming trends in security
- Other duties that may be assigned
- 5+ year Information security, IT or networking experience required
- Linux/Unix OS and Windows administration knowledge
- Direct understanding of Scripting (e.g., PERL, Python, shell scripting)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent independent problem solving experience
- Quality and network security focused
- Excellent Troubleshooting abilities and experience
- Ability to handle parallel tasks and accurately document resolutions
- Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent industry experience (5+ years)
- CISSP or SANS GPPA certification preferred, or relevant information security experience
- Experience with or current understanding of security policies and procedures
- Direct experience with security infrastructure administration
- Candidate must possess a solid ability to analyze problems, make decisions, and have a concern for quality in their work.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23