Senior Rigger - VR
At Skydance Interactive, we believe in pushing the boundaries of what is possible in interactive entertainment. Innovation in game design, technology and storytelling is the passion that drives our agile studio of dedicated and talented game creators. Collaboration across all disciplines is vital to our success and is at the core of the inclusive culture we strive to foster every day.
We empower our employees to take ownership of the features they develop and create their own solutions when challenges arise. As our studio grows, we want to bring even more risk-takers, innovators and diverse voices along for the ride as we continue to create the games that will defy convention and define the future of the medium.
Our studio was founded in 2008 by several Treyarch veterans as The Workshop. For eight years, we built our reputation in the AAA console space working on hit titles such as Gears of War, XCom 2, Sorcery and The Evil Within.
In 2016, we joined forces with Skydance Media to form Skydance Interactive and set our sights on becoming the premiere studio in the burgeoning arena of Virtual Reality. Following the success of our first VR title Archangel, we elevated our ambition and tackled The Walking Dead universe in VR. The result was the 2018 genre-defining hit The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners.
Skydance Interactive, developers of the hit game The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners, is looking for a very talented, organized, and passionate Senior Rigger to join our team of game developers. #Interactive
- Set up and maintain character (humans & creature) rigs and systems.
- Collaborate with character artists in the development of models that meet technical requirements.
- Collaborate with animators to create artist-friendly rigs that satisfy animation and gameplay needs.
- Develop new techniques and processes to further advance quality and realism.
- Design and set up character dynamics (i.e. cloth, hair).
- Create and support rigging/animation tools as needed.
- Work with team directors and production to identify and prioritize tasks.
- Provide and maintain technical documentation.
- Minimum 5 years of production experience, games or film.
- Strong understanding of rigging/skinning in Maya for games or film/vfx.
- In-depth knowledge of character/prop rigging techniques and principles.
- Maya and Python scripting experience.
- Detailed working knowledge of character kinematics, deformations, and topology.
- Familiarity with figure and facial anatomy.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to find sensible and practical solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience working in Unreal Engine or other comparable game engines.
- Familiarity with character pipelines, such as modeling and animation.
- Familiarity with multi-platform performance efficiency and optimization.
- Animation and Modeling experience.
The salary range for this position in Los Angeles is $100,000 – $125,000. The salary offered may vary based on the candidate’s location, qualifications, experience and relevant expertise, among other factors. The range indicated is for base salary only and does not reflect the total compensation package, including bonus, benefits, etc.
We realize that skills and expertise can come from many different experiences and paths, and we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements as written in the job description.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location: Santa Monica, Los AngelesDate posted: 2023-01-23