Senior Revenue Accountant
Looking to join an extraordinary group of people at an ever expanding company? Unity is looking for a Sr. Revenue Accountant to join the team of outstanding, highly motivated members of the Revenue Accounting team. This role will report directly to the Revenue Manager and will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate reporting of revenue.
What you’ll be doing
- Perform monthly revenue accounting close responsibilities, including but not limited to: GAAP revenue analysis, unrecognized revenue analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, and close packages
- Review revenue agreements and address any revenue considerations in accordance with ASC 606 and prepare documentation of non-standard contracts, including research and analysis of complex revenue recognition issues.
- Work cross-functionally with Technical accounting, Finance, Legal, Sales, Sales Operations, FP&A, AR, IT, and various business owners on policies, processes, and programs, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements.
- Prepare audit schedules and assist with internal and external audit process.
- Other responsibilities include, but not limited to, participate in special projects, product implementation, system enhancements and ad hoc analyses as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- Revenue accounting experience (ASC 606/IFRS15)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel skills; with the ability to manipulate and digest large amounts of data required.
You might also have
- Workday, Zuora Billing, Revpro, Salesforce.com experience is a plus.
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Austin, TX, USADate posted: 2022-01-20