Senior QA Developer, Robotics & Physics, AI@Unity
Role descriptionThe opportunity
Using our industry-leading game engine, we are crafting a whole new line of products centered on running massively scaled simulations in the cloud. What we build will impact multiple industries such as robotics and autonomous vehicles, and contribute to the advancement of the field of artificial intelligence.
The vision of the Robotics & Physics team in AI@Unity is to make Unity the industry’s robotics simulator of choice with incredible physics, integrated perception, and cloud-based workflows. We do this by building new tools and services, as well as by making sure our physics engine can support robotics use cases. We’re looking for a motivated QA engineer who is passionate about maintaining a high quality bar and solving customer problems.What you’ll be doing
- Test robotics packages on a variety of operating systems and hardware platforms
- Set up and lead automated testing of robotics packages
- Help seek customer problems by running their projects to reproduce issues
- Test the physics engine integration; be the very first user of the ground-breaking tech
- Collect and structure feedback from early adopters of new physics features
- Experience as a dedicated software test engineer
- Proficiency in C++ or C#; experience debugging in both
- Problem solving skills and detail-oriented approach
- Familiarity with automated build systems and test automation
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous Unity development experience
- Prior experience in robotics
- Experience with open source
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Vancouver, CanadaDate posted: 2022-01-20