Senior Product Manager
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Product Manager, PlayStation Digital Retail
As part of the PlayStation Digital Retail team, who take charge of crafting and building the PlayStation Store across all platforms, you will help to drive key initiatives and projects in a growing and influential space of the PlayStation portfolio.
This role is focused primarily on creating engaging and effective Store product experiences across the PlayStation Network (Console, Web, Mobile). Our team is looking for an expert Senior Product Manager to define the customer experience, strategy, critical metrics and services to support this integral part of the business. The ideal candidate is excited to lead the development of such a critical retail touchpoint responsible for connecting passionate users with incredible gameplay experiences while using their product skills to elevate the store to a best-in-class digital retail experience.
This role will include working closely with internal collaborators, external content partners (studios and publishers) and development partners to define and complete the strategic roadmap and build exemplary product experiences end to end.
- Drive primary conversion and revenue metrics throughout our product pages by building and measuring new features, defining and carrying out strategy for new value creation areas like “Social Proof at Retail” and maintaining Global Compliance
- Work closely with key internal global business partners to elicit requirements for new functionality.
- Partner with Program Management as they supervise delivery, handle timelines, resolve blockers and risks.
- Support User Experience in the design of new functionality
- Partner with Business Analysts to define business logic and requirements
- Partner with Product Owners and Engineering leads to prepare stories for delivery
- Partner with Global Legal Teams to build a customer-centric, compliant, and optimized experience wherever in the world customers access it from.
- Work with engineering teams to clearly convey requirements and provide insight into business rationale/benefits, including presenting at large planning events & to senior management
- Ensure features are backed by important metrics, and that success is measured on an ongoing basis.
- Handle a backlog of epics and features, as well as driving prioritization in alignment with an identified short term monetization plan.
- Continually learn and develop in order to be a subject matter expert with respect to the competition and technology around digital retail and conversion optimization
- Be responsible for the backlog of initiatives and features and drive prioritization.
What we are looking for:
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager or similar role with Digital Retail focus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to present ideas to large audiences.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- A think outside the box attitude while collaborating on new products, solutions, and features.
- Willingness to travel domestic and international when safely able to do so
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with partners, vendors and project team members to further the business goals of our products and services
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development environment
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills - You will be interacting with all types of people (user experience designers, engineers, managers, vendors, partners, etc.)
- Experience with experimentation and various methodologies
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23