Senior Product Manager - Audience Platform
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Product Manager, Audience Platform
San Francisco, CA (SOMA):
PlayStation’s Audience Platform team powers targeted audience activation across PlayStation experiences and third party channels.
Located in San Francisco, the team is passionate about gaming and data, as well as being friendly, encouraging, and inclusive. We are looking for a Product Manager who can continue to build and improve the PlayStation Audience platform. In this role you will work as part of a team, innovating on the existing Audience experience and defining what comes next for PlayStation customers around the world.
This Product Manager will be responsible for defining requirements and working with customers in setting the direction for the Audience platform, with a view to enabling teams across PlayStation to easily activate the wealth of PlayStation data at a given customer touchpoint. The ideal candidate is a Product Management professional who brings innovative products to the market and has the technical background vital to partner with a variety of product, engineering and marketing teams.
You should be passionate about Audience & Marketing technology (Customer Data Platforms, Demand Side Platforms etc.), big data platforms, and the application of data forward techniques across the product lifecycle. You will have developed outstanding product management skills. You anchor your decisions in strategy and defend them with data, and you thrive in an active and highly ambitious environment. This is a high impact role that demonstrates strong technical and business skills to deliver innovative features for our customers and partners across the entire PlayStation platform.
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs of the Audience Platform from PlayStation teams and partners
- Own, develop, maintain, and evangelize the product roadmap for the Audience Platform @ PlayStation
- Propose and present future product innovations for the Audience Platform
- Input into the Data Platform Product Management Lead as part of the wider product data strategy
- Engage at a detailed technical level to drive product requirements
- Drive feature prioritization, process improvements, and product development direction
- Define success metrics and SLAs on the key data products and services
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and ensure requirements were understood and implemented as requested
- Proactively provide customer and business context to engineering teams
- Establish SME status relative to the Audience/Marketing technologies and provide insights into market trends
- Drive collaboration across all PlayStation Marketing Teams to align on company wide Audience initiatives
Required Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in product management or in with a focus on the application of big data and Audience technologies
- Strong analytical abilities and experience with data informed product design and decision making
- Excellent communicator able to articulate the value of data activation techniques to customers across the organization
- Experience in working with a wide array of partners across organizations, including sales, marketing, data scientists, and related functions
- An ambitious self-starter who deals well with ambiguity
- Strong, influential cross-functional team leader
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23