Senior, Process Engineer
We are seeking candidates with a minimum of 5 years of related experience in Process Engineering, that are highly self-motivated as individual contributors but also function very effectively in a team-based environment.
Our (CI) Continuous Improvement Process Engineer takes a demanding set of functions and turns them into the optics technology that makes the magic work. They monitor and control eyepieces, fabrication, and product performance for continuous improvement. In addition, they will manage tool productivity, set maintenance plans, and yields, conduct data analysis to improve processes, and manage quality measurement for their tool/process.
In this role, you will work closely with Quality and R&D engineers to improve product yield and to troubleshoot process flow from root causes to equipment tuning. In addition, CI Manufacturing Engineers own and lead the stability, improvement, and performance functions of the tools. They drive continuous improvement to the tool/process to meet customer satisfaction and the requirements of the manufacturing ramp.
- Sustain, and improve newly developed processes.
- Assist and train technicians in basic troubleshooting system
- Collecting production data, analyzing outputs, and determining corrective courses of action to promote safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Utilization of statistical software to analyze process performance Cp/Cpk, GRR and implement closed-loop automation and control limits with audible/Visual alarms to ensure process sustainability
- Provide troubleshooting assistance by collecting and presenting data for better understanding.
- Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations, and technical reports
- Interact with machine vendors to resolve a variety of difficult process engineering issues/problems with limited supervision.
- Interact with development engineer to define new processes and capabilities
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; recommends product and process improvements
- Communicate eyepiece and equipment status to the manufacturing organization in real-time.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and qualification of equipment following detailed SOP
- Monitor and respond to abnormal equipment signals using SPC and other analytical techniques.
- Work with senior personnel and engineers to perform PM, troubleshooting, and standard qualifications
- Correct and generate SOPs when required
- Train technicians as needed.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics
- Knowledge of PLC programming and ladder logic
- Must be able to troubleshoot and diagnose PLC's, Electrical & Mechanical systems
- Must know Servo & Stepper Motors, AC Drive
- Controls Background (Fluent with PLC programming)
- Hands-on experience in the cleanroom, optics, semiconductor materials, and characterization. (Wet Cleans or Lithography a plus)
- Demonstrate experience with technical problem-solving skills with multitasking capabilities
- Demonstrate experience with statistical process control methodologies and engineering analysis tools
- Strong data analysis, troubleshooting, teamwork, and communication skills
- Aptitude and desire to learn new skills
- Six Sigma certification and/or use of LEAN improvement tools a plus
- Ability to thrive in a multicultural environment
- B.S. in Engineering (preferably electrical or mechanical) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23