Senior Procedural Art Lead
Unity is growing, and we are looking for a Dynamic and talented team lead for our procedural art team! Our team builds content for multiple platforms from high end VFX to ubiquitous mobile devices. We use the Unity engine and build custom software solutions to serve both VFX animation and games. Your day-to-day work will apply your diverse technical art and management skills to a content production team. As the Procedural Art team lead, you’ll be responsible for helping the procedural art team execute on direction from the project lead, building parametric "generator assets'” that can be delivered across multiple classes of devices. While your focus will be on the team, you will also be building real-time 3D experiences, you’ll also work with our engineers and designers to build pipeline tools and processes to expand the offering of scalable procedural content at Unity. You’re an experienced technical artist and animator that owns your work, helps guide others, and has an eagerness to learn and grow. You have the confidence and skills to champion and drive outstanding interactive and linear narrative experiences.
Our cross-disciplinary teams consist of world class application & cloud developers, technical artists, 3d artists, UX & UI designers. Our goal is to inspire customers and transform industries. We are committed to maintaining a diverse team, and we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing the day to day tasks of the procedural art team and coordinating with other teams for collective success.
- Designing and building procedural rigs or "generator assets". Can you build the book that can become all books? The frog that can become all frogs?
- Integrating static assets provided by art & design, and implementing procedural assets from them
- Research and experimenting with groundbreaking technologies, pioneering new techniques to match the constantly evolving demands of our industry
- Collaborating in small teams to ship on multiple platforms, including desktop, AR, and VR headsets, mobile, WebGL, and more.
What we’re looking for
- Experience leading teams shipping content outstanding games or VFX.
- Experience developing Blender addons and with Unity at a high level
- Solid understanding of Blender, Python, Geometry Nodes and 3D modelling. Experience and technical understanding of 3D rigging and animation for with an eye for optimization and performance
- Experience with art production workflows such as modeling, texturing, rigging, animation, scripted expressions and LOD generation.
- Intermediate skill with Python and C#
You might also have
- Experience working with Maya, Houdini, 3DSMAX, zBrush or C4D.
- An eye for creating compelling 3D models or procedural animations or rigs, and production experience shipping assets for games or VFX productions with an eye for project management.
- Familiarity with the constraints of RT3D devices, rendering performance & optimization techniques
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Location: Bellevue, WA, USADate posted: 2022-01-20