Senior Network & PC Testing Specialist
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Senior Network and PC Testing Specialist
The Senior Network and PC Testing Specialist is a testing professional whose role is to innovate and complete testing techniques around PC compatibility operations. At the direction of the Global and Regional Service owners, this role works with the Lead PC Compatibility Test Specialist to execute global PC Compat testing operations.
The general purpose of the Test Specialist role is to support the Lead PC Compat Test Specialist (and the larger team) in ensuring the application of a global testing strategy. Tasks will include completion of test processes, configuration of QA Lab hardware and reporting key information to; the teams lead, service owners, functional title leads, and other development team members.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide high-quality testing support for PlayStation Studios and SIE PC game products
- Completing PC compatibility testing processes
- Highlighting and raise testing risks to global and regional service owners, Lead PC Test Specialists, and Global/regional PC Compat Service owners.
- Communication and demonstration PC Compatibility testing techniques
- Complete and communicate PC Compat test results for all assigned projects
- Applied process improvement & new process initiation to support Network and PC Compat testing process, with a specific emphasis on PC titles.
- Collaborate on and promote new test strategies between project disciplines, including Functional Testing teams, Engineering groups, and other service providers.
- Daily review and reporting on QA Lab testing status or progress
- Defect/bug detection and reporting
- Ensure defect / issue tracking is accurate and up to date
- Continued learning and development of subject matter expertise; Network and PC Compatibility and performance testing applied to multiplatform title development
- Consistent collaboration with peer group and applicable department teams to ensure alignment, knowledge sharing and the cultivation of innovation within PlayStation Studios QA
- Maintaining, advancing and promoting knowledge in the field of quality assurance
- Outlining risk on assigned titles and/or new services or processes
- Use knowledge, research and data to constantly improve PlayStation Studios QA
What we are looking for:
- PC building experience
- Previous experience game QA testing or any with PC title testing
- Enthusiastic understanding of PC gaming hardware and the associated technologies
- Excellent testing ability
- Excellent knowledge of testing processes
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Good general awareness of QA and games industry
- Open to and willing to adapt to change - models continuous improvement
- Helps to realise departmental / business needs and goals
- Proactively shares knowledge to benefit others
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
- Free eye test and glasses voucher
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Competitive Pension
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23