Senior Narrative Animator
Job Title:Senior Narrative Animator
Job Title: Weapons Animator
Reporting To: Lead MP Animator
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We’re based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We have a unique vision for our industry. One that has and continues to inspire us. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our own mistakes. We treat each other with respect. After nearly 30 years, Raven Software is still thriving. We developed a team who cares about one another, our games and our players. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are growing. Our team is creative, highly intelligent, well-led and equipped to face this exciting future. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Raven Software is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.ravensoftware.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ravensoftware, and @RavenSoftware on Twitter.
As a Senior Narrative Animator, you will have a strong passion for creating both realistic and stylized animations and will work alongside experienced Raven artists and Motion Capture team to produce content for high profile games.
You must be comfortable with all levels of ownership, from the taking of an initial concept through to providing high-level feedback. You must be able to thrive in a challenging environment with an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, a good visual aesthetic, and with a deep passion for playing videogames. Experience in first-person shooter (FPS) games and extensive knowledge of the Call of Duty games is a huge plus.
This is an excellent opportunity to work and be part of a highly talented team of proven developers who are passionate about making games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Experience in creating high quality key frame and motion capture animations for AAA developments
- Work with Creative Director and narrative team to create cinematics and in-game scripted animations for gameplay and marketing
- Produce pre-visualizations and present concept ideas to the team
- Collaborate with team to ensure project goals are met and delivered to the highest levels
- Work with the Motion Capture team to direct talent to capture the highest levels of performances
- Assist in troubleshooting Animation and technical issues
- Work with the technical animation team contributing and providing feedback to developing more efficient tools and pipelines
- Be part of the senior team members to support and mentor junior level Animators
- Minimum Requirements:
- Solid First-Person Animation skills with excellent awareness for timing, weight and composition.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and/or five plus years related experience and/or training in AAA video games or film or equivalent
- Highly skilled in all areas of 3D animation principals and techniques
- Solid understanding in the language of cinematography and storytelling techniques
- Worked within a motion capture environment and been part of the crew directing actor performances for gameplay and cinematics
- Can quickly learn and master new tools, processes and pipelines
- Communicate and collaborate effectively, providing direction to drive scene vision to other disciplines and departments
- Contribute and be part of a highly creative team, giving and receiving feedback
- Absolute passion for playing and making the industry’s best videogames
- Strong reel demonstrating excellent examples of keyframe and motion capture animation works.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Location: location Middleton, Wisconsin, United States of AmericaDate posted: 2022-01-20