Senior Manager, Internal Communications
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager, Internal Communications
The Internal Communications team’s goals are to engage and advise our PlayStation employees globally and to create a flawless internal employee experience that’s on par with our external brand. Historically a lean team, we’re now expanding to deliver against a more ambitious global internal communications strategy.
With a particular focus on high quality, tone, and measurement, you’ll be part of a team that aims to reach the right employees at the right time, using the most engaging content on the most effective channels.
The Senior Manager role will report to the Director, Global Internal Communications and work alongside the wider team to develop and deliver PlayStation’s internal communications strategy.
What you'll be doing:
- With the support of the Director, Global Internal Communications work across all key communication channels and campaigns
- Oversee the management of our award-winning internal communication channels and platforms, including email, newsletters, and intranet, and work with the team on developing the strategy for new channels and platforms
- Generate high quality content that is relevant, easy to understand, and playful
- Develop and implement internal communication strategy, plans and campaigns (both regional and global)
- Accountability and responsibility for internal communications in the Americas
- Coordinate ad hoc organizational announcements (both regional and global)
- Management of audience targeting including distribution lists
- Advise partners and departments across the business on the best internal communications approach, to help them achieve their goals in respect to what employees think, feel and do
- Strategic measurement: Analyze the effectiveness of channels to improve employee communications and provide insights on the most effective ways to reach employees
- Crisis and incident communications
- Budget management
- Support with internal events management
- Direct report management responsibilities of Americas-based team
What we're looking for:
- A creative candidate with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable writing style with ability to switch tone of voice as appropriate
- Creative skills including Photoshop, graphic manipulation and creation, basic video editing skills, basic HTML
- Content Management System experience
- Good interpersonal skills and able to build positive partner relationships, enabling effective collaboration
- Resilient and bold to ensure initiatives achieve their full benefit
- Adaptable attitude with the ability to think quickly as situations change / demands alter
- Eye for business – deep insight and a thorough understanding of the business environment/industry in which the business operates
- Strategic mindset; proven track record of delivery
- 6+ years’ experience in internal communications, preferably within the technology or entertainment industries
- BA in communications, journalism, PR, marketing or languages is an advantage, though other degrees are acceptable
- Experience working in a fast paced, high-profile environment and organizations
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23