Senior Manager, CSR Programs
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager, CSR Programs
San Mateo, CA or Remote US
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment* (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation®'s brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. As the company grows and evolves, we seek to create impact beyond gaming, inspire social change, and help preserve the planet for generations to come. SIE is now developing an exciting new multi-disciplinary Environment, Social and Governance team to help the company address its broader environmental and CSR impacts. Our purpose is to:
- Forge a path ahead on ESG, and not just follow the crowd.
- To turn our intentions into action.
- Do the right things, and do them well.
Based in SIE's San Mateo HQ office, the CSR Strategy Manager will lead our efforts to assess and address the CSR impacts of our products and services globally and inspire positive social change. The successful candidate will work to bring together our various experts and facilitate collaboration around increased levels of ambition and a common direction under the umbrella of SIE's Environmental, Social, and Governance Committee. They will assess and analyze SIE's overall position within Sony's general approach to CSR and human rights, ensure any opportunities and gaps are addressed and respond to SIE's evolving expectations and needs of key partners.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyze new international CSR policy trends and developments, including proposed legislation, codes of practice, and standards, and report and share findings with key CSR personnel and management;
- Engage with SIE's key external partners, including policy-makers, investors, retailers, competitors, consumers, experts, and media, and understand their concerns regarding
CSR and human rights issues;
- Assess the CSR and human rights impacts and improvement opportunities of SIE products and business operations (including hardware products, online services, games, and local operations/sites);
- Support SIE's engagement with government bodies and institutions regarding policy development consultation;
- Develop and lead SIEs' employee activities and engagement programmes on CSR, e.g. including charitable donation and volunteer activities;
- Develop and implement projects and programmes across SIE business groups to achieve SIE's environmental commitments and improvements to business operations and products;
- Report environmental progress internally and support Corporate Communications for external communications activities;
- Lead the CSR Strategy team.
- Must be qualified to Graduate level with a degree in an appropriate corporate social responsibility or equivalent management topic
- 7+ years of experience in a relevant CSR position within the electronics or entertainment industry;
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and project management skills, with a strong command of Microsoft Office applications.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location:Date posted: 2022-07-23